Thursday, October 13, 2011

Blessings never cease to amaze me...

I feel like I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off all week long.  Sunday we were with my family for my grandparents anniversary party that I posted about that evening.  Monday I kept my nephew for the morning and then laundry most of the day, picked up the kids from school, took my middle daughter  to the podiatrist one county over, picked up my kids, fed them, took them back to my parent's house while I went to a meeting at church since my husband had one as well.  Picked up the kids, came home, got them to bed, then packed for my trip Tuesday/Wednesday.  Tuesday/Wednesday were filled with a trip to 4-H camp for environmental camp with my oldest daughter.  We had a FANTASTIC time while we were there and I thoroughly enjoyed the time I was able to spend with Maddie.  We came home and it was unpack/piano lessons after school for my oldest daughter, then church and worship team practice afterward.  I am extremely tired and am going to head up to school to help with my daughters activities for Pioneer Days in a few minutes, so the blessing I received yesterday came JUST in time!

I had just come home from camp with my daughter and was unpacking our bags and going through the mail when the phone rang.  I answered it and was surprised to hear a sales person from Greene's Toyota on the other end of the phone asking about my husband's 1996 Toyota Rav4, wanting to know if we still owned it.  I told him yes very curious to find out why he was inquiring about such an old vehicle.  He proceeded to tell me that he has a customer looking for this specific make/model of a car and wanted to know if we'd be interested in selling it.  Now, my husband's car has 273,000 miles on it.  It's his commuter car to and from work everyday.  We realize that this mileage is very high and that he is going to be needing to get a new vehicle sooner rather than later, but had put a plan in our minds that he would keep driving it for the winter (it's all wheel drive) and we'd look into getting him something newer in the spring.  My mini van will be paid off this week, so we were going to put what we'd been paying into savings to save up for a down payment on said new vehicle.

Anyway, I informed the salesman that this car has really high mileage and proceeded to tell him just how high I was talking about.  He said it WAS high, but still wanted us to bring the car in for him to check it out and see what they could work out.  I took down his name and number and called my husband at work to tell him this news.  You see, to me, this is TOTALLY a God moment.  My car will be paid off THIS WEEK!  We get a phone call from a dealer ASKING to buy this high mileage car that we were thinking we'd be lucky to get $500 for a trade in and we had it all figured out in our heads.

So, my husband calls the salesman and talks to him.  He agrees to bring the car by on his way home from work.  Another work of God.  My husband doesn't leave work until 5:30 on Wednesdays and works in Frankfort.  Greene's Toyota is in Lexington.  Wednesdays are the night of the week their service department is open late.  Coincidence?  I think not.  So, he takes the car to the lot and lets their service guys check it out.  He has a sales guy showing him cars and tells him, this is how much I can afford to spend on another vehicle including tax/title/license.  The sales guy moves him over to the used lot (this was what we'd figured we do from the get go, buy used since it's driven so much).

Todd has been researching what kind of vehicle he wanted to purchase for MONTHS now.  I'm talking in depth research into mileage/body style/year he wanted/etc.  This salesman shows him several toyota corollas/camrys etc.  Todd asks if he has anything besides a toyota knowing he has 2 in particular in mind and what year he wants to look at.  The guy takes him to a 2011 Kia Forte (this just happens to be one of the 2 cars he has researched and is very interested in, he had not told the salesman this).  It has 9,000 miles on it, and not counting what they might give us for his car it is within our price range.  Coincidence?  I think not.  No haggling has gone on yet and we haven't made a purchase yet, but literally , when Todd is telling me this this morning, I have tears in my eyes.

I feel with everything in me that God has seen our circumstances.  He knows our finances.  He knows our needs before we need them.  I know he's working something out before it HAS to come into play.  I have a sense of excitement within me to see how this is all going to play out.  I type this again with tears in my eyes in knowing how much these things matter to Him, that he would take care of them with such ease.  Even if it all falls through, I know God is taking care of us and will bring something else to the forefront when it's time.

God is SOOOOOO good to me, I can truly never thank Him enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment